Medicine shouldn’t be hit or miss,
it should be on target
With MyCare Psychiatry, find which antipsychotic dosage is right for you and start on your road to recovery.
What is MyCare Psychiatry?
MyCare quickly provides objective information, and when used in combination with other clinical information, may help you make better-informed treatment decisions and enhance shared decision making between you and your patient.
MyCare provides greater clarity on the causes of treatment failure (i.e. adherence, drug resistance, drug-drug interactions and drug metabolism) and may help distinguish medication non-response from lack of adherence. This information may help you establish the right medication at the right dose more quickly than you would based solely on patient self-report.
Treatment Success Is Often Attributed To Medication Adherence, However…
of patients do not take their medicine as prescribed
of patients do not tolerate the drug they are taking
of patients do not respond favorably to the drug
of doctors do not know if their patients are taking their medication
What Do People Like About MyCare?
Patients like having more insight into their illness and playing a significant role in treatment decisions so that:
- They will know the baseline levels for their medication
- They can prove to their doctors and caregivers their adherence
- They may have a better discussion with their doctor about why medication is not working well
Caregivers See Hope In The Treatment Of Their Loved Ones
Caregivers have a positive reaction to MyCare and believe the test should be an essential part of loved ones’ treatment. Caregivers almost immediately recognize the benefits that MyCare can provide them.
- Have greater confidence that their loved ones are taking their medication as prescribed
- Have quick results at the appointment instead of waiting for days
Finally A Tool That Can Provide Doctors Insight Into Patient’s Medication Levels
- The most important attribute is the short turn-around time associated with MyCare
- Measuring antipsychotic drug levels can aid medication management providing objective data to mental health professionals.
- Monitoring of antipsychotic drug levels is recommended when adherence is in doubt or response is inadequate
- The majority of psychiatrists (and primary care providers) believe MyCare will have major advantages - with one in five believing it will revolutionize the care of patients
- Psychiatrists envision equal utility of MyCare in acute and non-acute settings
- Most psychiatrists agree that MyCare will help detect and give confidence about adherence
Saladax provides a solution with the MyCare Psychiatry line. MyCare provides greater clarity on the causes of treatment failure (e.g., adherence, drug resistance, drug-drug interactions and drug metabolism) and may help distinguish medication nonresponse from lack of adherence.
This information may help establish the right medication at the right dose more quickly than based solely on patient self-report.
Additional tests in development.
Tired of the trial and error approach of your treatment? MyCare tests provide doctors and patients insight into patient treatments. Both patients and caregivers feel that testing every time they go to the doctor’s appointment is ideal.
Taking the Test is Simple
Give a blood sample. This can be done by a simple blood draw. The sample will then be placed in a laboratory’s standard analyzer. Results can be ready within an hour.